He has made everything beautiful in it's time.

He has made everything beautiful in it's time.
Ecclesiates 3:11

Saturday 5 December 2015

Foods: Naughty Babe Dirty Duck @ Bangsar

Sannie and I were at Bangsar at about 5pm today and decided to have dinner there before heading home since mom is not going to cook tonight.

After walked and looked around from Telawi 1 to Telawi 4, we finally decided to dine at Naughty Babe Dirty Duck

The decorations of the restaurant shows that they are ready for Christmas. I like the huge Christmas tree at the entrance of the restaurant. The red colour wreaths hung on the fencing of the restaurant are also another eyes catching decoration, full of festive feeling.

Nice Christmas Tree

Red Wreath

My favourite colour

Everything was fine until we stepped into the very dark restaurant. All of the waiters & waitress was just standing (blocking the way) at the entrance of the restaurant, watching us walking into the restaurant, without any greetings, but staring at us as if we are not supposed to be there. We both felt very uncomfortable but didn't want to change to other location since we were both tired after working for a long day.

We placed our order after looking thru the menu and the waiter who took our order had to re-take it due to technical issue on the iPad (yes, they are using iPad to take order). 

The light was too dim inside the restaurant, some diners even use their phone's torch light to read the menu. I think it will be good to if it can be slightly brighter in the restaurant. 

Eat. Drink, Get Naughty

Duck, duck, duck

We ordered a pot or Earl Grey tea (rm8.50) as our drinks. It's served in a very cute yellow pot with matching colour cups. 

Earl Grey Tea

After serving us the tea, they immediately served our appetizer, Jamon Serrano (rm28). It was our first time trying this dish. Honestly, not too impressed as both ham and rock melon were almost tasteless. But overall, both rock melon and ham were fresh, so, it does help to cover up the tasteless part a little bit. 

Jamon Serrano
While we were just started with our appetizer, the mains was served as well. I don't really like the speed of our food being served as it is too fast. While this is not a find dining restaurant, I still hope the staff can be more understanding as our table for 2 was not a big table, and it gets messy when there are so many plates on the table. Anyway, I was craving for chicken and I have no choice but ordered the Grilled Chicken in Balinese Style (rm28). I love this dish. It's a whole spring chicken grilled with green salad, potato and sweet potato fries as the sides. Tasted the sambal sauce but I am not a chili person and I like to taste the food in it's original way, so, I just left it alone after trying its taste. The spring chicken was grilled quite nicely and the meat was tender to chew. I will love it if the chicken can be juicier.

Grilled Spring Chicken in Balinese Style

Sannie has ordered my all time favourite Spaghetti Carbonara with Pork Bacon (rm22). I usually tried not to order carbonara as it's very bad for diet, but since she is the one that ordered, then I shall just enjoy it as we are sharing our foods. 

Spaghetti Carbonara with Pork Bacon

Overall, our dining experience here did not impress us either with their foods nor their service. Hopefully, if we do return again, we will be able to see some improvement. By the way, I have gave my opinions on their FB page under reviews. Hopefully someone will take note and make some changes to improve their service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment